Thank you for your interest in careers at Base Pair. Base Pair offers exciting and challenging work in the growing aptamer field. In addition to custom aptamer selection and aptamer-based applications development, we are constantly evaluating new techniques and technologies. We are a small company that encourages hard work, mutual respect, and innovative science. At present, we have an opening for an Associate Scientist (see listing below).
We are also seeking a Senior Manager or Director of Business Development. The ideal candidate will have experience in life science and will be located in the California bay area or greater Houston, Texas. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Associate Scientist Position
Base Pair is seeking an associate scientist to perform research, aptamer development, and assay/product development in support of grants, customer-funded projects, and internal research initiatives.
- Use technical expertise to contribute to project design, data review, and design updates as needed
- Perform project tasks to meet or exceed project goals on time and on budget
- Contribute to grant applications, scientific publications, and customer proposals as needed
- Maintain accurate activity records in accordance with guidance from senior management, leveraging existing company software and databases, including electronic time sheets, lab notebooks and Base Pair’s AptaTracker database.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Education – B.S. in a life science field and 3+ years of laboratory experience in a biotechnology, life science tools or pharmaceutical company performing research and development or M.S. in a life science field and 1+ years of laboratory experience in a biotechnology, life science tools or pharmaceutical company performing research and development
- Expertise in molecular biology and PCR
- Experience in aptamer development, next generation sequencing, and/or assay development is preferred, but not required
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume using the link below or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org